Dave, I acutally got the Heathometer version of that scale. It does the same things and I find it to be quite accurate with regards to weight, but like Margo, I find that the body fat% can vary greatly. It has to do with your level of hydration as well, so if you weigh after having a bunch of water (say in the afternoon) your body fat% will show less than after not having water for awhile (like right after you first wake up).
Also on Caribbean cruises I tend to gain weight, because I am laying around in the sun like a slug most of the time with drink in hand. Eating the same food, I don't gain on Mediterranean cruises, because we are on the go, go, go, all the time.
Sue, congratulations. I understand Nutrisystems to have a very good program with a large degree of success. The low glycemic nature of the program should be excellent to bring those triglyceride levels down. Also, are you able to do any non stress exercises that don't put pressure on the muscles, but where you can get some aerobics, such as walking in a pool? Just a thought. I know that it helps Diana. Different problem though. Hers are arthritis issues and inflamed muscles around the joints.
Margo, I get there many times as well. Sometimes, I just get bored and wonder, is this really worth it? What I find is that I am in just in a rut. I keep doing the same things over and over. Same eggs for breakfast, same salad for lunch, etc. That is when I bring out the cookbook and do something different and experiment a little. For example, I was there a couple of weeks ago. I was doing the same thing every morning. So I cracked open the cookbook and found a recipe for an Italian Frittata. Everything that was in it was allowable and it made six servings. So I made it up one evening and then refrigerated it. I spread out having it over the next couple of weeks and it made a really nice break from my mundane breakfast routine and boy was it good.
I think variety is the key, otherwise you will go absolutely bonkers!
Oh, and sometimes you just have to cheat a little, but then just have the determination to get right back to it. For me the cheating usually involves wine!
🚢 Cruise with your favorite Keene Luxury Travel Staff Member! 💰 5% KLT Reward plus Shipboard Credit available (amount varies per voyage)! 💲 Offering Enhanced KLT Rewards on voyages hosted by Ngaire & Clay!