Eugene that was a stunning set of pictures. Ken said they were so good he had some similiar but yours were better so he is not posting his pictures. That first shot was sensational.
We were warned again it could get rough and again it was very smooth. Only that ONE night so far of a little rocking and rolling other than that really calm seas which is amazing considering where we are. Ken and I have not been rained on yet either.
Yesterday was a glorious sunny day with no wind. We had such a good time. Ken and Sheila joined us for a walk in town. We started with coffee and scones with jam and cream and then walked the path along the sea finishing up coming across the golf course. The sun was shining, the water blue and the wild flowers out in full bloom. It was so quiet and peaceful. Lerwick is a delightful small town with lovely homes and lots of quaint shops.
While waiting for the shuttle bus into town we talked to two guides who were just so friendly. One was named Audrey and she had a son in town who owned the camera shop. The shuttle bus driver was fantastic, talking all the way and helping everyone, a very unique person. While walking the town we saw the camera shop so we went in and said AUDREY sent us she said you would give us all a free camera. Lots of laughs all the way round it was great fun. The locals here were lovely.
The General Manager of the Voyager, Ralph, and the locals told us about the fish and chip shop near the fort. So we headed there for lunch about 1.30 pm. Eugene, Gail, Mitch, Bert, Mark and Kay were all eating in the cafe. It only had six tables that sat four people and it was TINY and cramped. I think it was primarily a "take away" shop with just a few tables in this tiny room. The fish was delicious with the big fat english fries I like so much. I was in heaven. After being very good on this trip, no bread, pasta or deserts I went crazy over these carb loaded goodies. I think I am the only one with not a scrap of food left on the plate. The servings were very large.
We decided to walk back, got lost ended up in a lumber yard, lost Sheila's Ken for a while but we finally got back to the ship.
We went to trivia and now split into two teams. The questions were SO easy and were read and selected by a beautiful "blond" dancer the entire room got 15 out of 15. After two more tie breaker question the entire room still have 17 out of 17. The sweet little girl was at a loss as to what to do she said she asked all her hard questions. A passenger gave her a question "what Texas city holds an annual rattle snake round up" I knew that answer as I have been to the Sweetwater Rattle Snake Round Up twice. I was the only one in the room that knew the answer, talk about a perfect tie breaker question for me, so our team won again.
That night Mark, Cheron, and Ralph joined us in Signatures and I was NOT hungry at all. I only ordered a single rack of lamb and of course it was the best I have had on the cruise. I could easily have managed a double order!