Quote
Originally posted by jhp:
Lawrence, I'm looking into jumping back into the SLR market as well, of course digital this time. You are right, it is VERY confusing! My SIL, like Kathy, has the 5D, but that is a much more expensive camera, and then you have to buy the lenses. I was in B&H Camera in New York yesterday, and got even more confused!Then last night, SIL e-mailed me a link to read about a new Nikon coming out. http://www.nikondigital.com/main.html?page=d80
It will come with a "kit" lens 18-135mm which seems to convert to a zoom of 7.5x from what I've read. That site Kathy suggested is really good when you are trying to decide. They have a forum with really interesting debates about cameras!
Olivia, You were in the city and didn't call us? :mecry: Actually Gil was planning on heading to B & H yesterday when he was walking around the city, but he never made it. Next time please give us a holler!

Gil just recently bought the Canon 30D and seems happy with it. It's way too confusing for me.

I'm a Nikon fan since I do alot of Macro photography, but must say the time between shots seems to be much faster with the Canon.