My final Voyager post.

The ship.
Things are running well on the Voyager. The food has been really good and I enjoyed my dinner in Signatures more than I have in the past. The food was great the new lobster salad is outstanding, the lobster bisque as good as ever and the steak was great. Of course the company was great too we ate with Leslie, Brad, Denise and Allan. Today at lunch they had lobsters on the barbeque and they were truly outstanding. Normally barbeque lobster is a little dry but this was tasty and succulent. I have never seen full lobster tails served at lunch. They are small and from Canada.
I dont like Latitudes so I did not eat there. Most who did liked it, some raved but no one had a negative comment.

The service was excellent as well with many long time crew on board that were from the Diamond and even some that came from the Song of Flower. Of course having such great senior staff was also excellent, with Captain Dag, Dining Room manager Patrick, Hotel Director, Andreas and Food and Beverage Manager, Steph (Marcie’s Sambuca supplier).

The vibration in the H cabins.
I went to the back on the night we had the roughest seas. I honestly did not feel any vibration and I have in the past. I dont think the ship has been in dry dock since I last felt it so either the waves were not hitting the ship right or she was going slow but there truly was NO vibration at the back on that particular night.

We had tremendous rain in Helsinki and it was also cold and windy. Since Ken and I have already been to Helsinki we elected to stay on board and make it a “sea day”. The weather cleared up for Visby and was quite hot. I have to admit that we were lazy again, slept in and had another sea day. It is so nice being on the ship when it was quiet and we had good internet access as were one of only a few on board on the internet.

The last day in Copenhagen, Denise, Alan, Leslie, Brad, Ken and I made arrangements a the last minute before leaving for the cruise to rent a van and go outside Copenhagen to visit Kronborg and Frederiksborg castles. We had a nice day and then we dropped off at Nyhavn and walked down the Stroget and back to the Marriott. We had our “final supper” together, did the big hug thing and hope it wont be too long before we meet again. Of course we will see Leslie and Brad in Cape Town as ROAR is getting closer an closer.

All in all it was a wonderful trip. The highlights being the two perfect weather days in St. Petersburg, seeing old friends, meeting Leslie and Brad and Ginny and Jim and getting to see some of the ship staff that we always enjoy so much. I have really come to realize that so much of the enjoyment of the trips is the people with whom you share the experiences of the cruise.