I think they call it Valley Fever, we have been coming to Arizona 4 years and moved here full time last July, my daughter has lived here 10years, so far, we have all been fine. Knock on wood several times!!
I did have an encounter with a rattle snake in Aug., I drove in the driveway and opened the garage door, I saw what I thought to be a rag on the driveway, ""then it moved, I stopped the car, and it slithered into the garage, I screamed, I couldn't get out of the car, so I called my husband from my cell phone, he was in the house,luckly, our pool guy was cleaning our pool, he also is a fireman, I watched , through clinched eyes as he took the pool cleaner pole and lifted him ever so easy, and through him into the desert :ohmy: :ohmy: He told us later that he gets more calls to remove snakes than put out fires. I hope that is the first and last encounter I ever have with a rattle snake


Sandy