I love to read but it seems my dvr gets in the way.
Bonnie, I have enjoyed all the Jodi Picoult books, including 'My Sister's Keeper'. Her latest release, 'The Tenth Circle' was also very enjoyable (there is even a trip to Alaska). Harlan Coben is wonderful too.
Lauri, I love Stephen White's books! I actually discovered him in the library of the Star Princess on our last Alaska cruise. I've gone back and read most of them - there are a couple I've missed so maybe I'll pick them up. His latest release was good, but I want to know how Lauren is doing!
G.H. Ephron has written a series regarding psychologist Dr. Peter Zak which I've enjoyed as he is based in Boston.
One of my all time favorite books is 'The Dogs of Babel' by Carolyn Parkhurst. Maybe not in the light reading category, but really gives you something to think about. I have her latest that I've been saving for MUSH. The premise is an Amazing Race-style competition.