Keene Luxury Travel

Downton Abbey

Posted By: KarenS

Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 09:37 AM

Anybody watching Downton Abbey? I am in withdrawal, waiting for season 3! Here is some interesting season 3 info. And it sounds like we will get to go to TWO weddings in season 3!
Posted By: Beth

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 10:31 AM

I can't wait to see Shirley MacLaine's and Maggie Smith's characters get at it! Matthew's mother held her own with the Dowager, but Granny Levinson will be fun to see.
Posted By: Suzie

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 11:15 AM

I love this program, cars, wardrobe,lifestyle, scenery and interaction between the gentry and servants. So much crapola on TV that this is refreshing.
Posted By: jhp

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 11:27 AM

Count me among the obsessed. I had never heard about it until BettyW was with Beth on Zodiac and mentioned their mutual love of the series. I had to purchase through iTunes to watch it, and watched both seasons in about 3 days.
Posted By: Mrs. Marc

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 02:13 PM

Everyone was talking about this on ZODIAC so I just downloaded the first two seasons haven't watched them yet. Everyone was talking about how good this program is. I think I will watch them next week when Marc is out of town. When does season 3 start?

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 02:26 PM

Arlene, once you start you can't stop! I think Olivia said the new season starts in January?

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 02:47 PM

Carve out time, Arlene, just in case you become engrossed like the rest of us. Yes, Season 3 being aired in UK in September, and in US in January. I have it on my iPad, my daughter watched one episode and as we head to the Mariner in a few days, I have a feeling I will be without that device for at least 15 hours or so during the cruise!

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 04:02 PM

I hadn't heard of Downton Abbey until New Year's Eve. Didn't have time to watch it until I finally got to see part of one show (on Super Bowl Sunday with a friend in the ER) and couldn't wait for more. Lucky for us in NC we had a marathon one Sunday and saw all of Season 2 in one day ending with the season finale. The Type A in me (laugh Karen) watched Season 2, then went on Amazon Prime and at last watched Season l. What I love about Amazon Prime is that I can watch Season 1 again and again!!! Still have the finale on my DVD.

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/27/12 04:31 PM

LOL Beth, that is how I watched it, too! Season 2 first and then season 1. And then season 2 again ;)
Posted By: ssclbc

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 03:48 AM

I'm another one who got hooked as the result of ZODIAC. I watched season one on Netflix and season two on the PBS app on my iPad. Love it!
Posted By: Denise

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 09:36 AM

count me in among the totally hooked. love downton abbey. can't wait to see shirley maclaine and maggie smith interact. fireworks. and the fate of poor mr. bates! season 3 can't air soon enough!
Posted By: Anna B.

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 10:42 AM

Add one more to the list! I really think it's one of the best things I've ever seen on TV!
Posted By: klk49

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 11:30 AM

I am a huge Downton Abbey fan too! Watched most of the episodes on the PBS web site. Glad to hear the next season is definitely in the works. Can't wait to see what's in store for the sly and wily Thomas and Mrs. O'Brien.
I read a blog about the show...... a couple of errors have been caught. When they were panning over the roofs of the local village...a satellite dish was seen. Another was seeing the yellow lines on a road that supposed to be covered with dirt. Doesn't matter...it's a great show!
Kathy

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 11:58 AM

Kathy, Olivia linked me to that story last night! I didn't notice when watching but I bet it is hard to get rid of our century's fixtures!
I love how everyone has their favorites! Mine is Daisy and Mrs. Patmore :)
Posted By: DougW

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 11:58 AM

Has anyone watched "Downton Arby's"?

http://screen.yahoo.com/downton-arby-s-28723019.html

enjoy, Doug

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 12:02 PM

Doug, that was very funny!!! :app:
Posted By: joannapv

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 01:02 PM

Hilarious Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 01:15 PM

doug, that was absolutely hysterical!
Posted By: Betty K

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 01:19 PM

Funny, Doug!! cheer
Posted By: S&K

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 01:40 PM

We are the biggest fans too and hope to visit Highclere Castle this summer whilst in England. This is the link for anyone who is interested.

http://www.highclerecastle.co.uk/visiting-us/opening-times.html

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 01:47 PM

PBS is having a contest and the winner gets to visit Highclere. You can enter the contest here

Sheila, I hope you take lots of pictures when you go, how exciting!

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 03:27 PM

Karen if I win do you want to go with me??? :D :D

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 03:37 PM

We could all go and call it Jolly Good FUN!!!

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/28/12 09:10 PM

Ok it is 2AM and I finished season 1 NOW I know what everyone is raving about! I was hooked after the first 15 minutes of the first episode. Tomorrow night.. Season 2 I can't wait

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 05:36 AM

Arlene, Nice to know we have another convert!! It's so easy to get hooked.

Doug, the Downton Arby's skit was really cute. Saturday Night Live did a commercial one night that I love to watch over and over.

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 05:55 AM

That was funny, Beth! Last night on Jimmy Kimmel or maybe it was Letterman? Chris Elliot did a DE skit that was pretty amusing.

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 06:17 AM

Karen, I did see that Chris Elliot skit last night. It was pretty good. It seems like many are enjoying their own version of the show. I still don't know how I missed the first season... but glad I know about it now.

When we had our marathon Sunday on PBS, I donated to my state's station and am getting two Downton Abbey books: The World of Downton Abbey and Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey . I'll let you all know how they are after they arrive.

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 06:27 AM

Here's another youtube video which made me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clJK3KBqdlE
Posted By: Lee

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 11:09 AM

Just love the Brits sense of humour!

This has nothing to do with Downton Abbey but has anyone seen 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'? It's really worth seeing - loved it.

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 11:16 AM

Lee, I just googled it and it looks great! And it sure does have a lot to do with Downton Abbey, half the cast is in the movie!!

If anyone else wants to watch the trailer, you can see it here

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 11:42 AM

Karen: I was a bit concerned that all the best bits were in the trailer (and they are) but it still has a lot more to offer. The subject matter could be a bit distressing for oldies like me, but it's handled beautifully. I don't usually recommend movies because everyone's taste isn't the same, but I haven't heard anyone say they didn't enjoy this.
Posted By: peteropny

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/29/12 01:44 PM

Got hooked on the first season - actually saw most of second season on Cathay Pacific in January before PBS aired it here in the US - oops (I guess they "bought" it after it aired on BBC). The second to the last episode of the second season moved way too fast though (it was like miss 5 minutes - you miss a whole plot line).
Posted By: klk49

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/05/12 02:58 PM

Happy Easter from Downton Abbey PEEPS!
[Linked Image]

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/05/12 03:10 PM

I love that!!! I see Mrs. Patmore over there on the right!

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/05/12 03:53 PM

Someone was so convinced I would LOVE LOVE this series they sent me #1 and #2 WOO HOO!!!!

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/05/12 04:11 PM

Joanna, I think it's time you get cracking!
Posted By: johnandjudy

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/09/12 07:16 PM

We really enjoyed this season. Will definitely be watching for the next addition.
Posted By: RachelG

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/10/12 08:26 AM

OK, I have been avoiding this series as I didn't want to get addicted. But you guys have got me convinced I have to watch. How do I catch up on seasons 1 and 2?

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/10/12 08:40 AM

Rachel, I missed season 1 so I watched it online here. I think Olivia downloaded both seasons from itunes and some are watching from dvds that they ordered from PBS

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/10/12 09:45 AM

We are doing the Silversea Explorer cruise in June. I am thinking this might be the time to catch up.
Posted By: borntocruz

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/10/12 09:52 AM

If you want the DVDs, I found both seasons at Target. I even got my husband hooked on this series! :D

Re: Downton Abbey - 04/10/12 04:56 PM

Thanks Jacki I have them but will alert freinds - so happy your husband enjoyed too

Re: Downton Abbey - 06/26/12 05:37 AM

Here
is a fun clip of Shirley MacLaine's character with the Dowager Countess. I can't wait for the new season!

Re: Downton Abbey - 06/26/12 06:26 PM

Thanks, Karen. I read on Facebook that Shirley got the hots for Mr. Carson.... Not sure if it was Shirley or her character. Now that would be fun to watch!

Re: Downton Abbey - 07/22/12 04:28 AM

Some mild spoilers below so don't read if you don't want to know!!!

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — A "Downton Abbey" sneak peek at season three revealed that fireworks will fly between matriarchs played by Maggie Smith and newcomer Shirley MacLaine.

The aristocratic Crawley family endures a financial crisis. And, despite the engagement of Matthew and Mary at the end of last season, all is not well — gasp! — with the pair played by Dan Stevens and Michelle Dockery.

PBS showed brief clips from next season to the Television Critics Association on Saturday before a panel discussion with cast members and producers of the international hit. They took a break from taping in London to meet reporters in Beverly Hills.

Their visit followed a strong showing by "Downton Abbey" in Thursday's Emmy nominations with 16 bids, including best drama series.

In one scene shared by PBS, Hugh Bonneville's Robert Crawley, also known as Lord Grantham, is shown confessing to his wealthy American wife Cora (Elizabeth McGovern) about an investment gone wrong.

"Has some of my fortune been lost?" she asks.

"Almost all," he replies, tearfully.

Matthew and Mary, who traveled a rocky road to what looked like blissful marriage, are shown in an angry confrontation in which she accuses him of disloyalty to the family.

Tart dialogue involving MacLaine's Laura and Smith's Violet, the dowager countess, also looks to be a hallmark of season three. It begins airing in September in the U.K. and next January on PBS.

"When I'm with her, I'm reminded of the virtues of the English," Violet says of Laura.

"But isn't she American?" asks a puzzled Matthew.

"Exactly," Violet replies.

Series creator Julian Fellowes said the next season will encompass about two years at the start of the 1920s. Among the plot points to be resolved: What happens to John Bates, Lord Grantham's valet who was convicted last season of murdering his wife and barely escaped the gallows.

Bonneville made his support for his loyal servant clear. At the panel's conclusion, the actor jumped up, turned his back to the room while opening his jacket and dress shirt, and then wheeled around to reveal the T-shirt he wore underneath: "Free Bates," it read.

"T-shirts are available in the foyer," Brendan Coyle, who plays Bates, chimed in dryly.

MacLaine also proved a showstopper. The actress, who has said she believes in reincarnation, was asked if she and Smith had met before.

"Well, we were lovers in another life," she said, smiling. Then she shared Smith's recollection of their meeting some 40 years ago backstage at the Oscars, near a catering table, after MacLaine failed to take home a trophy.

"Do you know what you did, dear?" Smith reminded her. "You tucked right into that chocolate cake and said, '(Expletive), I don't care if I'm thin ever again.'"

Also on hand for the panel were Dockery, McGovern, Joanne Froggatt and executive producers Gareth Neame and Rebecca Eaton. Stevens was among the cast members kept in London by filming, which continues through August.

Re: Downton Abbey - 07/22/12 06:56 AM

Thanks Karen those few tidbits will have to tide me over .....

Re: Downton Abbey - 07/23/12 03:34 AM

Thx, Karen. Can't wait to see Laura and Violet spar. Those will be some great scenes and more fun than Violet and Matthew's mother. Love the idea of Free Bates T-shirt. One can be yours for $25 on e-bay.

Re: Downton Abbey - 07/23/12 12:25 PM

eagerly awaiting the new season and the fabulous addition of shirley maclaine!

yes, free bates!
Posted By: Davefr

Re: Downton Abbey - 09/18/12 10:44 AM

Season 3 has begun in the UK. You can see the episodes over the internet at Downton Abbey. At the main screen, search for Downton Abbey and select Season 3, Episode 1. Click on the link for all results and select the source that gives you the best result. The quality isn't as good as PBS but it sure beats waiting until January to satisfy a Downton Abbey habit. thumbsup

Re: Downton Abbey - 09/18/12 11:34 AM

Thanks, Dave. Can't wait to see it!!!

Re: Downton Abbey - 09/18/12 06:04 PM

I think I am going to have to wait til January so I can watch it on a big screen. sad
Posted By: john deconinck

Re: Downton Abbey - 09/19/12 04:47 PM

Really looking forward to seeing the new season.

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/23/12 12:05 PM

Forth season of Dowton Abbey confirmed, you can read the article here.

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/23/12 02:41 PM

Thanks, Karen, Since we haven't seen Season 3 yet, it's nice to know that a 4th will be in the works soon!. The PBS Downton Abbey website has a countdown clock.

44 days to go. WHEE!!!!!!
Posted By: sedona

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/25/12 06:28 AM

Just heard Sybil and Matthew being written out

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/25/12 07:23 AM

Matthew is leaving???? I don't like the sounds of that idea! I just saw that there is a new Downton Abbey special on PBS tonight:

DOWNTON ABBEY REVISITED
Premieres Sunday, November 25, 2012 on PBS
(check local listings)

– Go Behind the Scenes With Host Angela Lansbury and Relive Great Moments
With Your Favorite Characters in Anticipation of Season 3 –

ARLINGTON, VA, November 7, 2012 -- The extraordinarily popular PBS series “Downton Abbey,” created by Academy Award®-winning writer Julian Fellowes, tells the story of the noble Crawley family and the staff who serve them in their sumptuous Yorkshire estate. Filled with love and intrigue, “Downton Abbey” has been embraced by viewers and critics alike, making Season 2 the most-watched MASTERPIECE drama on record. Dame Maggie Smith was recently honored with a Primetime Emmy® Award for her portrayal of Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham. So what are millions of devoted fans supposed to do while breathlessly awaiting Season 3, which premieres on MASTERPIECE, January 6, 2013, on PBS?

A solution is at hand. Join Dame Maggie Smith, Elizabeth McGovern, Hugh Bonneville, Dan Stevens, Michelle Dockery, Siobhan Finneran and many more of the series’ most popular actors for DOWNTON ABBEY REVISITED, a fond recollection of favorite moments from Seasons 1 and 2, plus interviews with the actors and creative team and rare behind-the-scenes footage. Hosted by Angela Lansbury (an unabashed “Downton Abbey” fan), DOWNTON ABBEY REVISITED premieres Sunday, November 25, 2012, from 8:00-9:30 p.m. ET, followed by an encore performance from 9:30-11:00 p.m. ET on PBS (check local listings).

“As the Thanksgiving holiday winds down, PBS is excited to treat our loyal ‘Downton Abbey’ fans to a fun retrospective on Sunday, November 25,” said senior vice president and chief TV executive John F. Wilson. “We hope viewers will gather with family and friends to watch the great moments from Seasons 1 and 2, and preview a sneak peek of Season 3 to whet their appetites just six weeks before the premiere.”

Interviews with creators Julian Fellowes and Gareth Neame reveal the origins of the series and how they envisioned it as a combination of Edwardian-era tradition with modern multi-character storytelling. Hugh Bonneville talks about Robert, the Earl of Grantham’s relationship with the mother of all mothers, Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham (Dame Maggie Smith). MASTERPIECE executive producer Rebecca Eaton describes the interaction between Violet and new character Martha Levinson, played by Shirley MacLaine. Joanne Froggatt, who plays Anna, says that watching the two legends exchange slights was “like history being made.”

In addition to Froggatt, other interviews from below the stairs include Lesley Nicol (Mrs. Patmore), Sophie McShera (Daisy) and Jim Carter (Mr. Carson). Belying her onscreen reputation as the devious O’Brien, Siobhan Finneran reveals that the cast is like a family and that the production has the camaraderie of a stage company.

Fashion plays a starring role in the series, with downstairs women revealing that they have “costume envy” and that Elizabeth McGovern wages a “battle with corsets.” The romances of “Downton Abbey” provide many of the series’ favorite moments, and the relationships between Cora and Robert, Bates and Anna and, of course, the star-crossed lovers Matthew and Mary, are discussed by the actors.

DOWNTON ABBEY REVISITED also offers a tantalizing sneak peek at what’s in store for the characters as they enter the Roaring Twenties in Season 3. Will Bates be released from prison? What new mischief will Thomas, the villainous footman, and O’Brien, his scheming ally, get up to? Will wedding bells finally ring for Matthew and Lady Mary? And how will the formidable Dowager Countess (Dame Maggie Smith) handle the arrival of Lady Grantham’s American mother (Shirley MacLaine)?

PBS special programming invites viewers to experience the worlds of science, history, nature and public affairs; hear diverse viewpoints; and take front-row seats to world-class drama and performances. Viewer contributions are an important source of funding, making PBS programs possible. PBS and public television stations offer all Americans from every walk of life the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and online content.

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/26/12 03:20 PM

I just watched the DA Revisited show from last night. Wonder who is getting married this season? Anyone have an idea?

Next Sunday my PBS is showing a Season One Marathon from 3pm-11pm. Hope everyone else gets to see it too.

Amazon Prime members can watch Season One on Amazon Instant Streaming.

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/27/12 08:25 AM

What season are we on?

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/27/12 08:26 AM

Sybil killed or had she already been killed? Matthew is on Broadway.

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/27/12 10:14 AM

LOL Andi, we haven't seen season 3 yet, no more spoilers!

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/27/12 12:36 PM

Really hope that my PBS station does a season 1 marathon as I was not watching then and need to catch up.

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/27/12 05:13 PM

SORRY Karen...I read British press and they are obviously ahead. I never watched until Andrea and Lori talked it up in Antarctica and I just watched DA marathon whatever I could find and didn't know what was live. Now I am hooked but a bit confused...I'm old...and dottering...

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/27/12 05:26 PM

Good gosh, no more spoilers for me either, Andi!

Tonight after getting home from Grand Prix,, I watched part of the Revisited, and if you donate $120 to PBS, you can get the whole season 3 DVD's before they air in the US. Might not be a bad idea for a tax deduction, as I watched the whole Season 1 and 2 after buying a download from PBS. Loved not having to wait for the next epidode, but it was on my iPad, NOT a big screen. But hey, when it's only about 12 inches from your eyes...........seemed good enough to me to buy them! I was hooked from the start, and can't wait for the next season. Likely would never have seen this if not for LCT, and it has absolutely nothing to do with cruising!

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/28/12 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by jhp
Likely would never have seen this if not for LCT, and it has absolutely nothing to do with cruising!

Olivia, glad you arrived home safely from RdJ. The only reference to "cruising" was when the Titanic sank in Season One!!

Posted By: mp8shnt

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/29/12 04:17 PM

Thank you Davefr - I have just completed watching Season 3 using the link you provided. GREAT Season!
Posted By: Davefr

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/30/12 03:58 AM

Thanks, Todd. I've seen the first seven episodes and just missed seeing the final episode before we left for GRAND PRIX. I agree that it's been a great season.
Posted By: Mitch

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/30/12 09:38 AM

Bert and I love the show as well. If you haven't heard, NBC has hired Julian Fellowes to create an American version for network TV:

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981786285

Re: Downton Abbey - 11/30/12 06:19 PM

Very interesting, Mitch, I will watch it for sure!

Re: Downton Abbey - 12/09/12 08:39 AM

Season Two marathon on my PBS station today.

Re: Downton Abbey - 12/09/12 05:24 PM

CBS Sunday Morning did a segment on Downton Abbey today.

Re: Downton Abbey - 12/12/12 11:30 AM

A few of the cast members were on the Today Show today. It contains a few spoilers.

Re: Downton Abbey - 12/12/12 03:15 PM

You Tube is having a live Crew Panel and Discussion chat at 8pm East Coast Time. Here's the link.

Re: Downton Abbey - 12/12/12 06:00 PM

Oh boo, I missed the Today show and the crew panel!

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/01/13 07:45 PM

Counting down to the new season on Sunday, I can't wait!!!
Posted By: Dreps

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/02/13 04:30 AM

Last night we saw Dan Stevens (Mathew Crawley) on Broadway in "the Heiress" with Jessica Chastain, David Strathairn, and Judith Ivey. Fun to see them in person. He doesn't play such a great guy if you know the Henry James story.

By the way, when looking on the Web as their are spoilers all over the place.

-----------------------

Eugene

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/04/13 09:38 AM

Tonight on HGTV (9pm ET)

[Linked Image]

The video preview looks like it will be interesting!

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/04/13 03:24 PM

Thanks, Karen... got the DVR set to record it!

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/04/13 07:01 PM

I loved the show, both the Downton Abbey segment and the family home of Princess Di, fascinating!

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/05/13 06:59 AM

And this weekend's Parade has a cover story about what else, Downton Abbey.

-------------------------

Eugene
Posted By: Travelcat

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/06/13 11:38 AM

Karen, thanks so much for telling us about Downton Abbey. After watching seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, we are now counting the hours until the new season premiere:-)

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/06/13 12:37 PM

I see there are some interesting shows airing before and after tonights premiere, before is Secrets of Highclere castle and after is a discussion of the episode.

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/14/13 03:58 PM

Here is a great clip of some one-liners fromThe Dowager!!!

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/14/13 04:16 PM

Thanks Beth, I just adore her character! A well deserved Golden Globe for Maggie Smith last night!

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/29/13 01:55 PM

If Sunday's episode had been on FaceBook.

Re: Downton Abbey - 01/29/13 02:59 PM

That was cute, Beth!
Posted By: AndreaN

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/02/13 06:34 AM

Sesame Street takes on Downton Abbey

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/02/13 09:54 PM

That's a good one, Andrea. I love the DA spoofs. I still think the SNL one from last year is one of the best.

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/03/13 07:20 AM

Thanks Andrea, I love the spoofs too! I can't remember if this one was posted here or on Facebook so I will post it again, Downtown Arby's

Posted By: Wandra

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/03/13 07:53 AM

The FB takeoff is hilarious! (I'm ticked at them for killing off a character!)

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/09/13 10:23 AM

The latest parody.

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/09/13 11:57 AM

I've had to resist looking at this as we're a bit slow here and the first of the new series starts tonight!

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/10/13 11:26 AM

Lee, I read today that your season 3 starts today. Hope you enjoy it. Now you can join the chatter!

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/17/13 07:37 PM

Phooey on the season finale! I knew the death that was coming due to spoilers but the rest of the episode was a bummer as well! The only uplifting part was the dancing Mr. Bosley and Mr. Bates with the baby.

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/17/13 07:40 PM

I couldn't agree more with you Karen!
Posted By: Wandra

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/18/13 09:43 AM

You mean Carson with the baby, I'm betting.

The episode was kind of disorganized and flat. They were setting up new conflicts, introducing new characters, resolving not very much.

I understand the actor wanted out--not surprisingly I guess. But still a kick in the pants--I was hoping, frankly, that the one who would die was Lord Grantham--now that would have made sense!

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/18/13 11:38 AM

Pam showed me these interesting links today, an interview with Julian Fellows talking about the deaths this season ,
a possible new love interest for Mary (don't click on that link if you don't want a sneak peak)
and an article about a possible Downton Abbey Prequel

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/18/13 12:50 PM

So will Lady Mary never be the Countess of Grantham?

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/19/13 03:35 AM

I had read a spoiler and knew what was going to happen, and I think that this is one case where it might have been better getting another actor to play the part. I think it was just "over the top" to have that happen on the day (or day after) the baby was born.

As I mentioned, we saw Dan Stevens on Broadway over New Years in "The Heiress," and he was just okay, but it will be interesting to see what happens to his career.

I see the Internet is already buzzing about Lady's Mary's new potential love interest.
------------------

Eugene
Posted By: peteropny

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/19/13 09:28 AM

This is awful to say but they should have ended the series at the end of season 2 - it's just getting too contrived now.

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/19/13 11:11 AM

I don't agree, I loved this season. My least favorite was season 2 with all the war scenes. I like DA because it's not violent (usually!)

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/20/13 03:44 AM

I definitely don't agree with you (on this one) Peter! I dread the day DA ends for good as I am hooked! Karen, I agree all those war scenes were too much, I like the interaction between the primary characters and there were so many extras in season 2.

Re: Downton Abbey - 02/21/13 08:38 AM

As shown on The Today Show this morning, the cast of Downton Abbey performing One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful. My favorites are the "oh-ohs."

Re: Downton Abbey - 03/24/13 11:16 AM

Here is another Downton Abbey parody, the Fresh Dowager of Downton!!
© 2024 Luxury Cruise Talk