Keene Luxury Travel

AMA Waterways policies?

Posted By: Ms Understood

AMA Waterways policies? - 10/04/17 01:46 AM

Does anyone know if one is permitted to carry on alcohol? My husband loves his Amarula and coffee and proposes to bring a bottle with him. We are embarking on our first trip with AMA on Friday and wonder if it's allowed.
------------------
Helen
Posted By: Lee

Re: AMA Waterways policies? - 10/04/17 10:13 PM

We did a river cruise with AMA and as all alcohol is included, I can't see why you couldn't take it on board. They certainly didn't ask us if we had any, nor was there a check of any kind. We had a great cruise, so hope yours is just as good. Lee
Posted By: petlover

Re: AMA Waterways policies? - 10/05/17 12:24 AM

Our bags were not checked either. When we were on AMA alcohol was not included, only wine with dinner (maybe lunch ?) but we were charged for everything else. I think Jerry can bring his Amarula... just be discreet.

Have a WONDERFUL time !
Posted By: Jim B

Re: AMA Waterways policies? - 10/05/17 03:19 PM

On both AMA cruises we were on I brought my own with no problems. They don't check or ask.
They do serve beer and wine with lunch and also beer, wine, and cocktails with dinner.
But outside of the dining area they charge for them all the time.
Posted By: Ms Understood

Re: AMA Waterways policies? - 10/05/17 05:06 PM

Thanks, kids, for the help! Jerry will be happy. And I am looking forward to seeing a few new places! Bratislava?!
---------------
Helen
Posted By: RachelG

Re: AMA Waterways policies? - 10/06/17 02:57 PM

We have done 2 AMA Danube cruises. They don't care if you bring your own alcohol on board. In fact, we bought wine at a wine festival in Germany, and they didn't charge us a corkage fee when we drank it with dinner.

Have fun. Bratislava is the one place we did not stop.
© 2024 Luxury Cruise Talk