Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Davefr, Ralph W., Ngaire, Yallcruise, Jim B, 1 invisible), 665 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Master List of KLT Cruises #250193 05/22/18 09:56 PM
lonestarlady Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
A while back, as I was trying to come up with a name for a cruise that had not been used before, I thought it would be nice to have a master list somewhere of all the named cruises. Most of the info is on LCT, but scattered about in different forums.

So, while I was recovering from some surgery earlier this year, I endeavored to create such a list. It was quite challenging pulling the info together – in the process, I bet I read every single post on LCT since the very beginning!

I decided it would be fun not only to have all the acronyms, but also pictures of the pins and the teapots. So, I have included those that I was able to find. In a few instances, I was not able to find the pins on LCT, so Julie took a photo of the pins and I cropped those to include in the spreadsheet.

The “official” list with pins starts in 2007, but I have included what I could find from the earlier years (Ngaire says any names before 2007 are fair game to use again). There were also a few more recent cruises that were named, but then cancelled, so those were not included.

There is some missing data – a few places I was not able to find what the acronym stood for, couldn’t find a couple of the teapots, etc. I am hoping you LCTers out there can help me fill in the blanks! If you can help me out, please send me a private message with the info.

I hope to keep this updated as we have new naming contests and new pins are debuted!

It was really kind of fun - I couldn’t believe how cute all of these pins were, and the teapots too!

The first link below will take you the document with all of the information including the pictures of the pins and teapots.

The second link is an alphabetical list of all cruise acronyms along with the year they were used. This should be a little easier to check to see if a name has been used before.

Thanks!!

Master List of KLT Cruise Acronyms (04-19-2022)

Alphabetical List of Cruise Acronyms (04-19-2022)

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250194 05/22/18 10:16 PM
Mrs. Marc Offline
cruiser
cruiser
This is fantastic. I was surprised at how many there have been. The creativity is outstanding

Arlene
Adventure before Dementia!
Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250195 05/22/18 11:24 PM
Yallcruise Online
cruiser
cruiser
Great idea Cindy. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Carolyn

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250196 05/23/18 01:14 AM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Thank you for doing this Cindy. I knew Cindy was working on it and she put a ton of time into this project. So much fun to see them all and take a walk down memory lane.

Let’s have some fun with this and have a contest for the favorite pin. It is really hard to select as once you start looking it is easy to rule out the pins that are not in contention but hard to select just one.

Let’s also do the favorite teapot. Karen has come up with some great ones. So happy you included the teapots. Love having the names of all the contest winners as well. They are the brilliant ones it is not easy to come up with a great name.

This will be fun I will ask Karen to start a contest.

Cindy any pin you want if we have them left are yours!!! Thank you so much.

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250197 05/23/18 01:06 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Cindy, what an amazing, fabulous job you've done.

This is a trip down memory lane seeing all of these, knowing how many we were on. I LOVE so many of the pins. I don't think I can choose just one as my favorite !!

Marcie

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250198 05/23/18 02:22 PM
lonestarlady Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
I was thinking the same thing Ngaire as I was putting this together - that it would be fun to see which is everyone's favorite!

Hard to choose just one, but I think my two favorite pins are CANAL and BEAR. I am going to have study the teapots a bit more before I decide!

I think I counted 90 named cruises starting in 2007. Here are the "top" teapot winners:

Kim - 8
Eugene - 6
Marc - 6
Marcie - 6
Peggy - 6
Ralph - 6

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250199 05/23/18 03:29 PM
R
RachelG Offline
cruiser
cruiser
R
GRRR, the internet police at work won't let me open up the list, so I will have to look at it at home.

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250200 05/23/18 04:13 PM
pwolftx Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks, Cindy -- what a great job!

Peggy
Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250201 05/23/18 08:38 PM
Anna B. Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Great job, Cindy. Thanks for all your efforts. It's so much fun looking back on all the old cruises, pins and teapots. I hope we do have a contest - can't wait to see which pin wins!

Kathy
Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250202 05/23/18 10:22 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Karen will get it going she may be away right now.

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250207 05/24/18 08:59 PM
lonestarlady Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Julie helped me out with a few updates for the acronyms (the updated document is now available at the link in the first post).

While she was researching, she found this group picture from MINT - how is this for a Throw Back Thursday memory!

[Linked Image]

I recognize several faces, even though I wasn't there, and it HAS been 15 years ago! Anyone remember what MINT stood for?

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250209 05/24/18 09:53 PM
Marc Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Mariner November 12th (I believe)

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250229 05/26/18 01:19 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I Love that photo from MINT...what a fun time we had ! There's a tear in my eye when I see some in this photo who are now in Heaven.

Thanks for posting Cindy. friends

Marcie

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250230 05/26/18 02:16 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Yes that was one of the most memorable cruises ever. As far as the cruise goes, bad weather and missed ports. That did not matter it was all about the people. There are only about six people I do not know. Todd made fantastic cosmo's. Yes Marcie there are some special people on that cruise that we have lost, but we are blessed to have memories of the wonderful times we all had together.

I also "think" this was the cruise when we had just returned from our South Africa scouting trip. A group of about 10 wanted to go to South Africa and wanted us to handle it. Ken and I had been to Kenya, loved the animals but did not want to go back to Africa. Olivia twisted my arm - got me on a balcony and said you cant leave until you agree! So we decided we had to fly down there and check it out before we would agree to take the group. We fell in love with South Africa and the first safari we called ROAR - Riproaring Outrageous African Revelry. We showed pictures and explained the sightings, and luxury camps. That turned into 36 people and we took both camps at Singita. The rest is history but this was the birthplace of all the safaris that followed. Thanks to those original ROAR people who made Ken and I see the light and discover South Africa.

As I said so many memories such a tiny brain! Correct me if I am wrong.

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: Ngaire] #250231 05/26/18 02:25 PM
Marc Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Ngaire, timing is right; we weren't on MINT as we were sailing Voyager Trans-Atlantic.

I did confirm name and also found itinerary in a post from Ray:

MINT is "Mariner November 12"

MINT Itinerary:
Nov, 12 Fri - Los Angeles
Nov. 13-14 Sat & Sun - Sea Day
Nov. 15. Mon - Mazalan
Nov. 16 Tue. - Puerto Vallarta
Nov. 17 Wed. - Cabo San Lucas-cancelled a/c weather
Nov. 18 Thur. - Sea Day
Nov. 19 Fri - Los Angeles

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250233 05/26/18 02:38 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Always can count on Marc to get the facts and figures right. His brain bigger than mine can hold more stuff!

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: Ngaire] #250238 05/26/18 08:41 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Originally Posted by Ngaire
Yes that was one of the most memorable cruises ever. As far as the cruise goes, bad weather and missed ports. That did not matter it was all about the people. There are only about six people I do not know. Todd made fantastic cosmo's. Yes Marcie there are some special people on that cruise that we have lost, but we are blessed to have memories of the wonderful times we all had together.

I also "think" this was the cruise when we had just returned from our South Africa scouting trip. A group of about 10 wanted to go to South Africa and wanted us to handle it. Ken and I had been to Kenya, loved the animals but did not want to go back to Africa. Olivia twisted my arm - got me on a balcony and said you cant leave until you agree! So we decided we had to fly down there and check it out before we would agree to take the group. We fell in love with South Africa and the first safari we called ROAR - Riproaring Outrageous African Revelry. We showed pictures and explained the sightings, and luxury camps. That turned into 36 people and we took both camps at Singita. The rest is history but this was the birthplace of all the safaris that followed. Thanks to those original ROAR people who made Ken and I see the light and discover South Africa.

As I said so many memories such a tiny brain! Correct me if I am wrong.

Marcie

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #250239 05/26/18 08:44 PM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Ngaire,
I remember that conversation so well, we sat together on the bus returning from the excursion I organized when we were SUPPOSE to see the green monkeys. Unfortunately the monkeys were a no show. You told me about Kenya and we talked about you organizing a group to go on a safari in South Africa.

Unfortunately, we had to cancel ROAR 1 when Tom had back troubles. Luckily, we've made up for it.

Marcie

Re: Master List of KLT Cruises [Re: lonestarlady] #252135 10/07/19 05:44 PM
lonestarlady Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Just adding a note here to let everyone know there is now a link to an alphabetical list of the acronyms at the top of this thread.

Cindy
TravelingTexasDuo.com

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers