LCT

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155   |   972-701-9292

Who's Online Now
26 registered members (msmillie, June, Ms Understood, Davefr, Ngaire, ssclbc, Anna B., Yallcruise, lonestarlady, Jim B, Doris, Mrs. Marc, cruisinfanatic, scubadiver, xrvlcruiser, Marc, S&K, KarenS, RachelG, APEXcruzr, borntocruz, ColonelWes, 4 invisible), 699 guests
Newest Members
Fulmer, id242, Art_Forster, JaxTailor, Keene (41316 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#248683 - 08/02/17 02:48 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Ms Understood]  
RachelG Online
cruiser
RachelG  Online
cruiser

Tulsa OK
Don't need any extra water proof pants--I have 2 pair as well. But George and I were there for the protein drink quest in Greenland. George actually found some great super insulated water proof gloves there that he wears all the time at the ranch in winter. Much better than the ones he can find here.

#248696 - 08/04/17 12:08 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ngaire Online
Ngaire  Online

Dallas, Texas
Really ready to head back to Polar Bear territory. Anxious to see the remodel on the Silver Explorer. Good memories from that ship that is for sure. See everyone soon.

See pictures of our adventures here or follow me on
Pinterest!
#248697 - 08/04/17 06:39 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ralph W. Offline
cruiser
Ralph W.  Offline
cruiser

So. Cal. and NZ
It is 6:30 am in NZ and June and I are packed and ready to start the trip around the world to Oslo. We leave June's flat at 8:30am and start our flying adventure at noon. We overnight in Singapore before going to LHR where we also overnight before flying to Oslo. See everybody soon. We are really looking forward to this adventure and lots of polar bears and of course WALRUS.

#248700 - 08/05/17 09:45 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ms Understood Online
cruiser
Ms Understood  Online
cruiser

So Cal
Safe travels, Ralph and June. Not packed yet here in So Cal but will get that done today (it's 230 am Saturday) . We leave Sunday afternoon to Oslo via CDG. See you all soon!
------------------
Helen

#248701 - 08/05/17 02:46 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
seadog Offline
cruiser
seadog  Offline
cruiser

A great birthday for Alice yesterday. We arrived at JFK 3 hours late, but not a problem. The JetBlue flight inbound was delayed. Then we're in the plane and it's 2AM and we're waiting, waiting, waiting. Finally, the captain tells us Reno closed the long runway without telling anyone and we need the long runway. After awhile luckily the wind changes and we get to takeoff from what is apparently the short runway.

The subway into Manhattan was perfect. Hotel check in nice upgrade to Times Square view. We didn't have time to hook up with Tom and Marcie though, but we did enjoy a nice Italian dinner. Bette Midler and David Hyde Pierce were phenomenal in Hello Dolly!!

Today is Groundhog Day matinee. Subway back to JFK, then on to Oslo! Can't wait to see everyone!

Kim
#248702 - 08/05/17 04:24 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: seadog]  
Marc Online
cruiser
Marc  Online
cruiser

Seven Seas Voyager
We are about off to airport. No stress travel with four hour layover in Atlanta so will definitely make it across the pond tonight; two nights in Oslo so no issues even if a problem in Amsterdam. Looking forward to seeing everyone in next couple of days.

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

#248703 - 08/05/17 04:31 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
RachelG Online
cruiser
RachelG  Online
cruiser

Tulsa OK
At the airport in Tulsa now. Stressed out because I came home to a sick cat yesterday. Missy was foaming at the mouth and couldn't eat. Vet was closed already. She cried all night. Hasn't eaten since Thursday. Took her to the vet this am. They think she got into some poison. We just sprayed for ants. Not sure what is going to happen with her. She will stay at the vets till Monday then if she is ok, Jenny will get her.

#248706 - 08/06/17 02:11 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ngaire Online
Ngaire  Online

Dallas, Texas
So sorry to hear about your cat that must be very worrying. At least the cat is in good hands. Hopefully you will get good news soon that all is well.

We leave tomorrow. This is a PERFECT plan - Saturday at home to pack and get organized for trip. Then on Sunday a nice brunch at my favorite restaurant before leaving the house at 3.00 pm for our flight to London then onto Oslo. Normally I am like a crazy woman at work and then racing home to get bags and go to the airport. This has been VERY civilized. Maybe I should pick my future trips with this Saturday / Sunday schedule.

We get in a little late to Oslo and coming straight through so may just crash when we get there. We will see everyone at the airport Radisson Hotel at breakfast or at the airport for our flight to Longyearbyen.

Pinterest!
#248707 - 08/06/17 04:27 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ms Understood Online
cruiser
Ms Understood  Online
cruiser

So Cal
Ngaire, Sounds like you and I are the only Walruses still at home! We have a similarly civilized departure plan. Had a lovely dinner out tonite with some company here from Back East. Church tomorrow morning, then my sister will drive us to the airport for our fight on AF to Oslo via CDG in the afternoon. We arrive in Oslo late afternoon on Monday.
Rachel, fingers crossed for speedy recovery for poor Missy. See everyone in Oslo!
Helen

#248708 - 08/06/17 10:53 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
seadog Offline
cruiser
seadog  Offline
cruiser

Alice and I have arrived in Oslo. The express train to the city center does not run on the weekend. They are running buses instead . Just follow the signs to the FlytoGet and buy a ticket like you would for the train . There are people to help.

Kim
#248709 - 08/06/17 12:32 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: seadog]  
Marc Online
cruiser
Marc  Online
cruiser

Seven Seas Voyager
We are safely ensconced in the Airport Radisson Blu; had to dash through the rain to cross the road from airport. Easy travels but we are going to crash early tonight; just dinner at the hotel. We are going to take NSB instead of FlyToGet tomorrow to go into town for our HOHO which is only 0930 - 1600 so you don't really get a lot of time.

Look forward to seeing everyone else here tomorrow night or at airport on Tuesday.

Marc

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

#248711 - 08/06/17 03:07 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
petlover Offline
cruiser
petlover  Offline
cruiser

Fullerton, CA
Marc, glad you and Arlene arrived safely.

Rachel, so sorry to hear about poor Missy...that's the last thing you needed before leaving. Thank goodness you were able to get her to the Vet.

We've had a wonderful time in NYC. We've seen "Kinky Boots" LOVED it, and an off Broadway show "Curvy Widow". Today we're going to "Chicago" matinee (seen it before but quite a few years ago). We've eaten lots of pizza, had great dinners, and seen lots of family and friends. We've stayed at an airbnb on the 32nd floor with a FABULOUS view.

We fly out tonight and scheduled to land tomorrow at 12:50pm. We too will be at the Radisson Blu, sounds like it may be a busy bar.
laugh

Marcie

#248712 - 08/06/17 05:38 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Betty Offline
cruiser
Betty  Offline
cruiser

Houston
Rachel - Please let us know how Missy is doing. I always worry about sick kitties. Happy you all flew out before the tornado hit. Assuming your property is OK.
Wishing everyone a great expedition. I would love to see those bears and walruses.

Betty
#248713 - 08/06/17 08:29 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
RachelG Online
cruiser
RachelG  Online
cruiser

Tulsa OK
Arrived at hotel continental after a very expensive taxi ride as no way was George taking a bus after such a long journey. Very nice room. Saw Alice and Kim at dinner.

Betty, the tornado was less than a mile from Jon's house, but all is ok with his house and the ranch. But it destroyed his favorite Whataburger. No updates on Missy till tomorrow.

#248714 - 08/06/17 08:55 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ms Understood Online
cruiser
Ms Understood  Online
cruiser

So Cal
We are at the Air France lounge at LAX. Boarding in about half hour. Rachel, how far is your hotel? We will arrive OSL late tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Helen

#248715 - 08/07/17 05:33 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Ms Understood]  
RachelG Online
cruiser
RachelG  Online
cruiser

Tulsa OK
Our hotel is right downtown. If the express train is working, it only takes about 20-25 minutes as the hotel is right by the train stop. If taxi or bus, takes longer and very expensive. See you guys soon!

#248716 - 08/07/17 09:14 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ngaire Online
Ngaire  Online

Dallas, Texas
We are now in LHR . Six hour layover. After flying Qatar, BA does not stack up. Understand BA is getting new seats in business they really need that. That should make a big difference. The pasta on the plane was excellent so that was a plus and we had the seats where you don't climb over someone's legs so that helped as well.

Looking forward to arriving in Oslo and a good nights sleep. Then Longyearbyen here we come. I have a soft spot in my heart for Longyearbyen. Fun memories there with Leslie and Brad. That is where I learned to play hearts while eating waffles we made ourselves in the hotel lobby. My kind of hotel you cannot wear shoes you leave the. Downstairs in a locker and run around in socks. Loved that.

Setting up a new thread under SEA MAIL to start tomorrow.

Pinterest!
#248719 - 08/07/17 10:36 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ralph W. Offline
cruiser
Ralph W.  Offline
cruiser

So. Cal. and NZ
Where are Ngaire. June and I are in north ba lounge. Suspect you are in Concorde room

#248721 - 08/07/17 10:49 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ms Understood Online
cruiser
Ms Understood  Online
cruiser

So Cal
We are in the AFLounge at CDG waiting for our connection to Oslo. This is some kinda annex terminal where the regional jets have their gates. Terminal 2G. Extremely crowded and hot! Had to take bus to get here from where the A380 landed. We are on something called HOP! . At least it's a short flight. And no doubt cooler in Oslo!
--------------
Helen

#248722 - 08/07/17 12:32 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
petlover Offline
cruiser
petlover  Offline
cruiser

Fullerton, CA
We've arrived in Oslo and all checked in. It was nice having a non-stop flight from JFK. Our only incident was having TSA confiscate our toothpaste....too large. JFK Hudson stocked lots of toothpaste so no biggie.

The temperature here in Oslo feels so nice after the heat we had in Manhattan. clap

Marcie

#248799 - 08/28/17 03:26 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ms Understood Online
cruiser
Ms Understood  Online
cruiser

So Cal
Anybody know how John and Katherine are? They left us in Reykjavik on Wednesday for Houston. Thoughts and prayers from So Cal for all who are in the Houston area impacted by Harvey
--------------------
Helen

#248801 - 08/28/17 08:03 PM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
Ngaire Online
Ngaire  Online

Dallas, Texas
I emailed John and Katherine and they are fine. They said they were high and dry. So that is good news.

Pinterest!
#248804 - 08/29/17 03:51 AM Re: WALRUS Roll Call [Re: Marc]  
jhp Offline
cruiser
jhp  Offline
cruiser

Helen, I am so glad you posted that! Being from a hurricane-prone area on the east coast, I've been glued to the TV the past few days. We learned, as did FEMA, many lessons from Katrina. What has impressed me so much this time however, has been the amazing self-reliance demonstrated time and time again from the citizens of the Lone Star State who have come to the aid of so many of their fellow citizens. The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly, but those citizen volunteers with their boats and sheer will have taken the bull by the horn. Texans, I'm from the other side of the country, but damn you make me proud!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers

bklogo

NGAIRE & KEN'S
HOSTED VOYAGES

**Offering Enhanced KLT Rewards**

Ngaire Ken

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Jan 23-Feb 13, 2018 - Lima to Buenos Aires | Chile (Chilean Fjords), Argentina, Peru, Uruguay

Regent Seven Seas Voyager, Mar 24-Apr 22, 2018 - Bali to Bangkok | Sacred Lands of the East

Africa Safari, Group Safari Pictures - May 27-June 24, 2018 | HIPPO

Silversea | Silver Explorer, Jul 25-Aug 13, 2018 - Nome to Nome | Alaska Expedition Cruise

Crystal River Cruises | Debussy, Sep 23-Oct 3, 2018 - Amsterdam to Basel | Splendors of the Rhine

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Nov 1-Nov 15, 2018 - Honolulu to Papeete | Hawaiian Sunsets and Tahitian Moons

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Dec 15, 2018-Jan 20, 2019 - Sydney to Sydney | Grand Aussie Adventure

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Mar 28-Apr 13, 2019 - Shanghai to Tokyo | Way of the Emperors

Regent Seven Seas Explorer, Aug 8-20, 2019 - Copenhagen to Oslo | Norwegian Peaks & Fjords
back-to-back with
Aug 20-30, 2019 - Oslo to Stockholm | Scandinavian Summer

Regent Seven Seas Navigator, Oct 3-15, 2019 - Montreal to New York City | Colors of the Fall

Regent Seven Seas Voyager, Nov 16-Dec 6, 2019 - Dubai to Singapore | Opulent Capitals & Sacred Shrines

Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Apr 29-May 17, 2020 - Rome to Miami | Barcelona, Bermuda & Beyond

REGENT SPECIALS

Free Land Programs in ALL Suite Categories on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

Single Supplement Specials on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

Kids Sail from $499 on Select Voyages: Eligible dates

VOYAGES
HOSTED BY KLT STAFF

Cruise with your favorite Keene Luxury Travel Staff Member in 2018, 2019, or 2020
5% KLT Reward plus Shipboard Credit available (amount varies per voyage)!
2018 Details | 2019 Details | 2020 Details

Susan

Hosted by
Susan Walsh

Susan's Voyages

Linda
Hosted by
Linda Litteken

Linda's Voyages

Clay

Hosted by
Clay Keene