Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ajax, Ngaire, 1 invisible), 783 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CAPTAINS cruise roll call #213316 06/25/09 12:29 AM
Ralph W. Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
Yes, Carol and I are in CPH. Arrived at Marrioott a bout 11pm last night. Had a good night sleep and saw Pat and Ray as they were going on a city tour this am. We are meeting up later to do the canal cruise in the mid afternoon. Looking forward to meeting all on board on Friday. Not sure how to tell all how to recognise Carol and I except for the picture. If you see us plese intoduce your self would love to meet all. Weather is good. Last time we were in CPH it rained buckets.

Re: CAPTAINS cruise roll call #213317 06/25/09 12:49 PM
Ngaire Online
cruiser
cruiser
Actually there are 22 in the group and with Cindy, David, Rachel G, husband and son, that will make 27 people. Cindy and Rachel please contact me on the ship and let me know your cabin number. I think I am in 766 but if not just ask the desk to connect you Kenneth and Ngaire HUTYRA (not Keene) We will have a get together the first night at 6.30 pm before dinner in the Observation lounge you are welcome to come and attend. If lifeboat drill interferes with that time frame just come up when you can before dinner time. LOOK FOR PEOPLE WEARING THE "CAPTAINS PINS" PICTURED ABOVE, THEN YOU KNOW THEY ARE PART OF THE BK GROUP, IT REALLY HELPS ON THE FIRST NIGHT.

Just rearranged all my luggage - what a mess,too much this time. Leaving most of the expedition gear behind in Oslo to pick up on my flight home. Good thing we are flying from Oslo.

I seldom have all these luggage issues as I travel light but this time I am really wondering how on earth I have so much "stuff". Of course I bought a bunch in Longyearben thinking my bags would not come.

Cannot wait to get to the Voyager and get my self organized.

Sad saying goodbye to Leslie and Brad this evening. Their flight leaves at 7.00 am. We had a great time with them, they are wonderful travelling companions. Last night we ate at the local "best" restaurant KROA where we ate the first night in Longyearben. This time we got ribs. It was about two or more full racks PER PERSON. Fortunately Ken and I split one and still could not eat it all. They eat hearty in the arctic. It was a nice day and people were actually sitting on the patio in the sun.

Off to sleep now flying to the Voyager tomorow at 9.30 am.

Actually grew to enjoy this little tiny outpost of a town. The Sptizbergen Hotel felt like home by the second stay. Very nice staff at the hotel and the desk clerk wondered what card game we were playing all the time that we liked so much. We told her POOCH she looked puzzled. Ken was the top scorer, and Leslie had the most wins and the high score of 116. Brad and I are licking our wounds.

Re: CAPTAINS cruise roll call #213318 06/25/09 06:26 PM
sedona Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Have a great time. I really liked the Marriott. The buffet in the concierge level was really nice. If you have a chance, visit the resistence museum near the ship. You can walk to it. It is really interesting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers