Luxury Cruise Talk Logo

Keene Luxury Travel
800-856-1155 · 972-701-9292
Join Our Mailing List · Email us

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ngaire, seadog, Jim B), 895 guests
Newest Members
DennisK, SuprDave, BarbD, johnsmithpmt, Juliehoover(41381 Registered Users)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106275 04/23/07 09:42 AM
R
regentcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
R
Does anyone know of a good private guide to see the sights and shop in Istanbul? Also another one for a visit to Ephesus. We're looking for someone to take my sister and I around on the Voyager cruise in October. Any help will really be appreciated!

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106276 04/23/07 10:12 AM
sedona Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We had two marvelous guides....Denise, do you have their names. Denise found them and they were wonderful.

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106277 04/23/07 12:09 PM
Denise Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Hi regentcruiser,

Here is the guide information for both Ephesus and Istanbul. Both guides were superb. I've referred both these wonderful and capable women to many others on LCT and each and every person felt the same as we did.

Please know that they are in very high demand and you may need to be diligent in contacting them numerous times to get a response and booking. Well worth the effort.

Please be sure to tell them that Denise referred you to them. Just to let you know, I get no monetary gains for referrals. They may be quicker to respond if they know you are a friend! Put it in the subject line.

Wishing you a wonderful time in Turkey. We hope to return someday. We loved it and so will you.

Emek Evin - Kusadasi
emekevin@hotmail.com

Fatos Esra Ozal - Istanbul
fatos65@superonline.com
guidefatos@hotmail.com
Cell: 011-90-1-532-211-23-71

Denise

Retired and loving it!
Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106278 04/23/07 12:57 PM
sedona Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thanks Denise, for your great follow-through. We did have a great time there, didn't we? It's a wonderful country -- so much to do and see. The people were lovely and the accommodations and food top notch. It was terrific to be able to share it with fun folks like Denise and Alan.

My one regret is there wasn't enough time to see Cappadocia. If you have time, perhaps you could look into it?

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106279 04/24/07 10:18 AM
R
regentcruiser Offline OP
cruiser
OP Offline
cruiser
R
Thanks Denise and Sedona. I'll contact them and I'll be sure to tell them of your reference.

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106280 11/02/07 06:33 PM
kirky5 Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Thought I would update this post. Thanks to Denise, I used both Emek and Fatos this past September. Although Emek herself was not available, she sent Lela, who was great! See Denise's post above for the emails. Although Emek had another committment, she made sure she met me before I left Ephesus which really impresssed me. Fatos took us to an authentic Turkish restaurant for lunch and loved it. That is all aside from the knowledge of their cities and all the places we wanted to visit. Denise, all my thanks and Andi and Doug for the backup.
These women are fantastic.
Lynn

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106281 09/25/08 11:37 AM
J
Joanandjoe Offline
cruiser
cruiser
J
Originally posted by sedona:
My one regret is there wasn't enough time to see Cappadocia. If you have time, perhaps you could look into it?
Is anyone aware of private guides in Cappadocia, or of an agency that does a tour of Istanbul similar to the 4 day tour offered by Regent? It might be a better and cheaper alternative to the Regent tour.

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106282 09/25/08 12:48 PM
Seagal Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We used Credo Tours in Istanbul before our Black Sea cruise this past July. They were excellent. Not only were they able to book our hotel of choice for MUCH less than we could have on our own but also provided lots of info to help us decide what to see. They arranged for a private guide and driver for our 3 days in Istanbul. They can also arrange trips in other parts of Turkey. Go to www.credotours.com Our contact person was Sila Padir -sila@credotours.com

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106283 09/26/08 05:28 PM
J
Joanandjoe Offline
cruiser
cruiser
J
Thanks. Our cruise isn't until next October; but we've saved the Credo web site.

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106284 09/27/08 04:20 PM
Susan W Offline
cruiser
cruiser
I have used Ekol Travel a number of times in both Kusadasi and Istanbul and been very pleased. I have also recommended them to a number of people and they equally have been pleased. Their email is ekol@ekoltravel.com

Susan
Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106285 09/28/08 06:41 AM
petlover Offline
cruiser
cruiser
Like other LCTers, I would highly recommend Levent Solmaz in Ephisus. We have used him in the past and he's wonderful. He speaks perfect English, is so knowledgeable, will hand tailor the day based on what YOU want to do allowing more or less time to fit your time schedule. He picks you up at the dock in a newer air conditioned van. You won't regret your time spent with him. He also does tours in Istanbul from what I've heard.
This is his website
http://leventsolmaz.com/private-tours/full-day-ephesus-tour-from-kusadasi-harbor/

When we were in Istanbul we used a great guide Denise and Alan had recommended. I'm sorry I can't find her contact information but I'm sure Denise has it.

Marcie

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106286 11/09/08 08:01 PM
johnandjudy Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We used both Emek and Fatos on Denise's recommendation. They were both good. BUT, after our Jewish friends left a day before we did; Fatos made some unkind remarks about Jews. I have never mentioned this to Denise or anyone.
Emek was super! Fatos said she guided JFK, Jr. and his bride when they were on their honeymoon. Just FYI. Fatos was very good to us and was available via cell phone when we went places on our own. Judy

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106287 11/09/08 08:59 PM
sedona Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We used Ekol Travel for our last trip to Istanbul, which included Cappadocia. They picked us up in Istanbul at the airport and took us to our hotel and took us to the airport in Istanbul and picked us up again at the airport in Istanbul. Additionally, they arranged all the tours and arrangements in Cappadocia.

We were not terribly pleased with the Istanbul side of the arrangements, but were delighted with the Cappadocia side. The tour was designed for our interests, the accommodations and restaurants were excellent and the guide was very nice and knowledgeable.

The Istanbul side was a bit of a communications issue rather than anything really dreadful. They were waiting for us at the airport, but didn't know how to find our hotel and had the wrong hotel even though I had sent the name of the hotel via email. They didn't give us clear instructions for what plane we were to take to Cappadocia when we were dropped off (we nearly missed the flight) and they didn't tell us where they were picking us up in Istanbul when we returned back from Cappadocia. So, if you use them, make sure you get clear communications from them. We found the Istanbul side fairly priced and honest and were pleasant, while a bit confused. The Cappadocia side was highly professional and priced fairly and also appeared to treat us honestly.

We used Emek and Fatos on our first trip to Istanbul. They were good guides. I preferred Fatos to Emek. We didn't use her this time as she was booked. However, if I had known Fatos was anti-semetic it would have bothered me.

Re: Istanbul, Ephesus guides #106288 11/10/08 12:28 PM
johnandjudy Offline
cruiser
cruiser
We booked the Regent trip to Cappadocia for next Sept. Andi, I never knew about this place until you mentioned it. Then I googled it and it looks wonderful. I hope we can take a hot air balloon ride. Still trying to book Biz but a few days too early on the return. The Delta miles keep going up and down. From 150,000, 170,000 to 200,000. MAybe by waiting until mid winter the milage will come down. I ws checking out different dates and one for spring came out at only 100,000 miles. confused

Moderated by  KarenS 

Keene Luxury Travel Offers